There are two types of inserts:
- The round anatomical implants (Round Breast Implants).
- The inserts “by the drop” (Tear Drop Implants).
Recent studies suggest that the “anatomical” outperform those of the “drop” because:
– remain unaffected by their possible movement
– are also drop-shaped in an upright position
-give a more natural look in a horizontal position
– have a significantly lower reinsertion rate
This is why most plastic surgeons now recommend “anatomical implants”.
– There are the tracheal surface (Textured Breast Implants) and the smooth surface (Smooth Breast Implants) implants.
– In Europe, “rough surface” implants are traditionally used mainly because they do not move out of place easily and have a better texture (in the USA they mainly use Smooth implants). Nowadays, nanotexture technology implants are mainly preferred because they have minimal complications.
-The choice of the volume of the insert is a difficult task.
-The experience of the doctor and the discussion with him will certainly facilitate the decision.
-Possibly some sizers (sizes) may help.
– Feel free to show pictures of a breast you probably like. It is not binding that you will get the same because there are always differences that the doctor will point out, e.g. different anatomy, breast diameter, ribs or sternum going inwards or outwards, etc.
POSITION OF INSERT
– It can be placed above or below the pectoralis major muscle.
– When it is placed under the muscle (because it is cut through) there is more postoperative pain and swelling.
– In female athletes it is usually placed over the muscle.
– Theoretically, when placed under the muscle it has a lower rate of capsule formation, but a higher rate of “damage” due to friction with the muscle.
– Discuss this in detail and at length with the doctor.
The incisions can be:
- perithecia (from the nipple)
- submast (in the submast groove)
The decision will be taken depending on the anatomical features of each patient (e.g. large nipple, small breast drop) and after discussion with the plastic surgeon.
The procedure can be combined with other procedures such as rhinoplasty, cheek augmentation, genital aesthetics, liposuction, etc.