Anesthesia: Neuroleptoanesthesia (usually) General or local anesthesia.
Place: Organized and fully equipped clinic.
Duration: 2 – 3 hours, if eyelid surgery is also present 3 – 4 hours, while with frontal lifting it can last up to 5 hours.
Eve: Usually 1 night, or several times, only a few hours.
Pain – Discomfort: Mild – may not need painkillers at all. If there is severe pain, contact your doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of a hematoma.
Swelling – Bruising: Improved in 7 – 10 days. Initially one feels the face “tight” due to the swelling. In the beginning, continuous compresses and lifting the head are helpful.
Suggestion: probably for a few weeks.
Stitches: Removed in 6 -7 days next to the ears, and in 12 – 14 days in the hair.
Make-up: After the first week.
Social reintegration: with the help of make-up in 10 – 15 days at least (for a major event).
Work: at least after 7 – 10 days.
Exercise: After 3 weeks.
Sun: systematic sun protection with SPF 15+ cream for at least 6 months.
Final Result: Usually 1 -2 months, in some cases the swelling persists for up to 6 months.
With regard to issues concerning the types of medical and aesthetic procedures and the way they are performed, the aim is to highlight the value of knowledge, experience and strict professionalism for classical facial plastic surgery. The lifting (wrinkle removal) is the leading procedure of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, but perhaps the most misunderstood. Wanting to share with you my personal twenty years of experience as a Plastic Surgeon, I am sharing with you the details of a face lift.
THE TRAPS OF BEAUTY
I often read in magazines various new names for techniques with creams, injectable materials (liquid lifting, baby lifting, vampire lifting, etc.) or even for machines that try to simulate the invasive lift but have nothing to do with it, neither as a procedure nor as a result. People with over-inflated lips, cheeks, cheekbones, etc. are also shown in the media. and comments are made about the “failed” lifting of these. The invasive lifting has nothing to do with them, which are usually the result of injectable applications, such as fat, hyaluronic acid, hydroxyapatite, etc., to an excessive degree, creating a not so beautiful aesthetic image.
OUR PICTURE IN THE… SURGERY
The surgical lifting is an operation that must be performed by a specialized plastic surgeon, in an organized clinic and after full pre-operative check-up. It is performed under intoxication (neuroleptoanesthesia) and local anesthesia or, for those who wish, under general anesthesia. It can be combined with other procedures such as blepharoplasty (removal of bags from the eyes). It is usually followed by an overnight stay in the clinic and avoidance of social events for 7-10 days because of the swelling.
THE EFFECT IS MEASURED
When there is the right indication, i.e., sagging of the skin on the face and neck, usually at the age of 45-50 years in both women and men, the results are excellent. This operation can also be limited – if one wishes – only to the restoration of neck relaxation. Contraindications are some diseases and heavy smoking.
So, is lifting the top surgery and the most important surgical procedure in the world?The lifting is the top lifting procedure and the only solution for the effective treatment of loose skin on the face and neck.. So let the lifting king sit on his throne again.
Anesthesia: Neuroleptoanesthesia (usually) General or local anesthesia.
At the initial visit, your doctor will ask you to explain in detail exactly what you want. He will examine the quality of the skin, sagging, hair position, overall facial structure and will explain the technique he believes is best for you, where exactly the incisions will be made and what results will result.
Factors such as skin quality, smoking, age, previous sun exposure will affect the final result.
You must indicate if you have any of the following:
- Diabetes mellitus
- If you smoke
- Cardiovascular problems
- Thyroid disease
- Psychological problems
- If you are using medicines such as aspirin, anti-inflammatories
A good candidate is someone who:
- Has loose skin on the face and neck
- It has skin with some elasticity and good tone
- Has good general health
- Has a stable weight for at least 6 months
- Has realistic expectations
– It is usually performed under local anaesthesia assisted by neuroleptoanaesthesia (intoxication).
– It takes place in an organized and well-equipped clinic.
– Duration of surgery: approximately 3 hours.
– During the procedure, excess skin is removed, resulting in a face with tight skin, while the neck area, the corners of the face, and the sagging around and under the corners of the mouth are improved.
– The effect is recreated in front of the mirror with the fingers of the hands pushing up and back.
– Face Lifting does not improve the forehead (needs forehead lifting & Botox) the eyes (blepharoplasty) fine skin wrinkles (Fractional Laser CO2) and skin quality (other treatments).
– The incisions are usually around the ear and extend forward or back toward the scalp, depending on what kind of correction needs to be made.
– Then the skin is detached and separated from the muscles. The surgeon will stretch and remove the excess skin and often stretches an underlying tissue called S.M.A.S. (Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System) for a better and more permanent result.
– Then, stitches and a small drain are placed for 1 to 2 days to prevent possible fluid collection.
– After surgery, an elastic bandage is placed around the head for 2 to 3 days.
– It is recommended to apply cold compresses for the first 48 hours.
– The head should be higher than the horizontal level (place 1-2 pillows), so that the swelling goes down faster.
– The drainage is maintained for 1 to 2 days.
– The stitches are removed after about 2 weeks.
– In the first few days there will be swelling and bruising which will subside from the 5th day onwards.
– There is usually no particular pain but only discomfort from the bandages and swelling.
– Return to work usually after 2 weeks.
– Exercise after 3-4 weeks.
– There may be numbness for a few weeks. It will slowly recede.
– It will probably take 4 or more weeks to appear at a serious social event.
– Mudding carefully can be done from the next day of surgery.
– It is advisable to avoid smoking (if you are a smoker) for at least 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after the operation.
– Changes for the better will be seen continuously until the final result for at least 6 months.
– It is forbidden to take aspirin.
– For even better results, future treatments with Fractional Laser, CO2, Botox etc. may be needed.
Any complication, if it occurs, should be treated accordingly:
– Skin rippling
– “Glued” ear
– Nerve injury (neuropraxia)
– Slow healing
– Visible scar
– Reaction to medicines
– Prolonged swelling
– Hypertrophic scar – keloid
– Epidermolysis, skin necrosis
Extensive discussion with the doctor and understanding all the instructions keeps complications to a minimum.
I had the abdominoplasty procedure with excellent results. My belly became like a teenager’s! Thanks to my doctor who, with this operation, raised my morale as a woman!!
I have been very pleased with my eyelid surgery. Wonderful and excellent work. I recommend Mr. Triantafyllou unreservedly. A thousand thanks.
The blepharoplasty did not cause me any pain, neither during the surgery nor afterwards. Excellent result by Mr. Triantaphyllos!
The liposuction I did was a great success. The result was excellent, taking years off my appearance!
Thank you very much for giving me back my face after a serious car accident. I am grateful for all the help you have given me.
Many thanks from me and my wife for your services in successfully removing the excess lipids from her legs. Before we visited you my wife’s psychology was very bad as a doctor had completely discouraged us.
The result after blepharoplasty surgery compensates even the most demanding ones. Reduces at least ten (10) years from the actual age!!!
An excellent doctor who knows how to do his job very well, with knowledge, experience and a lot of love for what he does. A wonderful man!
I trusted Mr. Triantafyllou for the cosmetic surgery I wanted to have and it was the wisest decision I have ever made! 20 days after the surgery and I already feel that my life has changed! I thank him from the bottom of my heart!
Thank you very much to Mr. Triantafyllou, for the successful rhinoplasty surgery. Excellent work, the result exceeded my expectations. He is an excellent doctor, with ethics, who loves his job. A big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, it made me very happy.